Rockford is a city in northern Illinois. Downtown, the Burpee Museum of Natural History features a dinosaur exhibit. Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum offers rotating exhibits in a Victorian home. Rockford Art Museum exhibits regional American works. The sprawling Anderson Japanese Gardens is across the Rock River. Northeast, Rock Cut State Park shelters muskrats, raccoons and waterfowl.
Places to visit:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens– This 12-acre landscape garden in traditional Japanese style, with an airy, farm-to-table cafe. It has a garden café also.
- Rock Cut State Park- 3,092 acres for year-round outdoor sports plus 2 lakes, hiking & horse trails, camping & a cafe
- Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens- 11,000 sq. ft. of indoor tropical flora & sculpture plus landscaped lagoon with fountains & patios.
- Magic Waters Waterpark- Seasonal outdoor family park with water-based rides & attractions plus numerous food concessions.
- Burpee Museum of Natural History- It is an educational center with tours of exhibits on geology, flora & fauna, dinosaurs & native artifacts
- Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden- 155 acres of landscaped grounds with dog-friendly paved paths, wooded trails & horticulture library.
- Discovery Center Museum- A place with fun & educational science museum with exhibits, workshops, crafts & experiments for kids.
Places to stay:
- Radisson Hotel & Conference Center- It offers contemporary rooms in a hotel featuring an indoor pool, a fitness room & a restaurant/bar.
- Riverview Inn & Suites- It is a conference hotel featuring 4 ballrooms, plus an indoor pool, a restaurant, free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast & a brew pub.
- Courtyard by Marriott – This is a modern hotel with an American restaurant & an indoor pool, plus free Wi-Fi & parking.
- Baymont by Wyndham- It is straight forward quarters with free breakfast & Wi-Fi, plus an indoor pool & a fitness room.